Monday, January 26, 2009

1.26.09 7:00pm Update

I just got off of the phone with Alana, she sounds a little groggy but much better than she did this morning when I spoke with her (this is Amber again).
She is feeling fine physically, just minor cramping and very tired. She is at home now, which is good, and is taking it easy - I'm sure with both of the moms there & Mitch, she is being very well taken care of.
Alana had expressed a desire to see the baby if she could but because of the procedure and the time that the baby was left in the womb, this was not possible. They were also unable to find out the sex of the baby.

Alana (& Mitch), I don't have any words to say to take away the pain, and to be honest, I don't think I would even if I could, because to lose the pain would mean that this baby didn't matter, and that simply wouldn't be true. Your child, my niece or nephew, will forever be a part of my/our lives, and will never be forgotten. Even though we never had the privilege of holding your gift in our arms, we will always carry him/her in our heart.
I want you both to know that it's okay to hurt, and it's okay to grieve, just be sure that you allow the Holy Spirit to comfort you and strengthen you.
I love you both so much.

I found this video online today and I want to dedicate it to you, Alana, my wonderful sister.

1 comment:

  1. Alana you are the perfect mother for this child and what a glorious reunion you are going to have when you see those gates of pearl! Oh what a glorious day that will be!

    ReplyDelete